[Sunhelp] Info for my AXi

Paolo Di Francesco paipai at tin.it
Mon Jun 28 14:08:36 CDT 1999

Just few questions:

1) Can I use PC Floppy Drives?  If yes, shall I have troubles with eject?
Have I to buy them from Sun?

2) About keyboard and mouse. I want to buy a keyboard, (USA version) but
I don't if it's better the Unix version or the not-Unix. Suggestions?
About mouse: optical or mechanical mouse?

3) about video adapters: I want to connect my PC monitor to the Sun. I
have no video card, but I know if you buy a Creator card the connector
on the card is the 13W. Now I have read somewhere, there is a converter
but it's limited by freq. and resolution. Is this true?
And I would know if there is a 13W->Bnc connector from Sun. I have a BNC
monitor, so it could be nice use the BNC connectors.

4) I have a problem: I have more workstations than monitors. (1 monitor!)
So I would connect the monitor and the workstations usign a switch. I
have tried a 20$ manual switch (blah...) but you can use it at very low
freq (640x480) and it's not useful under X.... Have you tried (cheap!!!)
digital switch models?

Thank you!

Ciao Ciao
       Paolo Di Francesco