[Sunhelp] Solaris on x86 & ENET Cards

John Nicholes john_nicholes at byu.edu
Fri Jun 18 17:55:32 CDT 1999

I've installed solaris on an x86 intel box.  The install was a breeze
and it seems to work until you want to ping, or ftp or telnet outside of
the box.  Or even try to ping or ftp or telnet to the box.  It just
doesn't work.  It can ping itself.  I've tried three cards.  They all
work when I use DOS to connect to a novell server but they just don't
want to work in solaris.  All three cards are listed in the hardware
compatibility list.  The three cards are: intel pro 100B integreted.
3com 3c509B, and intel pro 100B in a PCI slot.