[Sunhelp] Solaris, Linux, and NFS

James Roth james at univox.univox.com
Fri Jun 11 22:27:37 CDT 1999

Wes Hofmann wrote:

> That's the confusing thing... I already compiled a custom kernel (a
> monolithic one, no less...i.e. no modules) and was sure to enable
> "Emulate SUN NFS Server".  And it still doesn't work.  Solaris tries to
> connect to a share and it just sits there and looks confused.  Strange.

What happens exactly?  Does it just hang when you type mount?  Did you
check /var/adm/messages or /var/log/messages?  I've never had any
sharing problems between my Sun and Linux systems, regardless of which
system was the server.  (And I never chose "emulate sun server" in my
linux kernel).

James Roth