[Sunhelp] Problems on Sun with libraries??

Patrick Wheeler pwheeler at hoh.mbl.edu
Thu Jun 10 06:50:29 CDT 1999

I recently (at an administrators request) had a need to set up some sort of
mailing list software. I decided to try mailman, mostly because I like the
web interface. I had trouble, so I tried majordomo, and had the same error.
When I try to run some of the programs associated with these applications, I get
an error of: ls.so: libc.so.2: not found. So I immediately check /lib, and both
are there. I later notice that ssh client can only be run as root, and if you
try ssh client as a normal user, you get the same error. HELP.
Patrick