[Sunhelp] sendmail question

Erik Parker netmask at 303.org
Tue Jun 8 17:30:46 CDT 1999

Well, you can have sendmail it self, under:

# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain
#Dj$w.Foo.COM

And it will default to that (sendmail will)

But really, its all in their client usually.. Under pine you can
set any domain and host to have mail come from (edit your systems default
.pinerc, or make users edit $HOME/.pinerc (or go into pines config window)

or if you use mutt you can change it all, username and host.

AFAIK pine =< 4.10 doesn't support changing the username it is coming
from.

You will have to make sure if you change the hostname, that it is a valid
domain name, most mail servers will not accept mail that does not come
from a legit host.