[Sunhelp] File transfer via dialup link

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Wed Jun 2 10:32:29 CDT 1999

--------------ABC3C0A85F873DC0B9410743

--------------E181F6D177A0D698F7E244F8

Martin,
That would depend on the size of the file, how sensitive the information
is, and if both machines are connected to the internet (or at least have
e-mail capabilities) If you do have full internet access on both machines
and you are not dealing with highly confidential info then ftp would be the
best way to go (or, better yet, set up a mirror that way info should be
constantly up to date).  If you have e-mail access then e-mail would be
your best bet.
ppp will work if you have no internet access and/or your info is
classified.
John

Martin Gray wrote:

> We need to automatically transfer a file from a client's Solaris Sparc
> 2.5.1 machine to a Solaris Intel 2.7 machine of one of their associates.
> This will occur automatically every 30 minutes during normal working
> hours from cron.
>
> Is PPP the correct route to take?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Martin

end
Linux - Because a computer is a terrible thing to waste...on Windows!
Click here for info.

--------------E181F6D177A0D698F7E244F8

Martin,<br>
That would depend on the size of the file, how sensitive the information
is, and if both machines are connected to the internet (or at least have
e-mail capabilities) If you do have full internet access on both machines
and you are not dealing with highly confidential info then ftp would be
the best way to go (or, better yet, set up a mirror that way info should
be constantly up to date).  If you have e-mail access then e-mail
would be your best bet.
Solaris Sparc

--------------E181F6D177A0D698F7E244F8--

--------------ABC3C0A85F873DC0B9410743