[Sunhelp] Sun OS 5.6

Paul Zimdars pzimdars at zerg.crazyfoo.org
Fri Jul 30 13:21:53 CDT 1999

I have a quick question.
I am primary a linux guy and just acquired a Sun SparcClassic and I have
it connected to my network and can telnet into the box and from the box
telnet to other servers inside of my network but when I try to telnet to
any other boxes any other place outside of my network it says
"telnet:unable to connect to remote host: Metwork is unreachable"
I am wondering where does sun os 5.6 keep its files that control the
booting process of the nic card and the configuring of it. I have to do
the setup manually everytime the system comes up so that it is configured
properly. It also does resolve the names into ips but then comes
immediately to that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You,

Paul Zimdars