[Sunhelp] default lp problem

He Gang-W1268C Gang_He-W1268C at email.mot.com
Tue Jul 27 14:38:55 CDT 1999

Hi,

There are two types default printer setup:
1.system wide: any user login in to this system will have the same default
printer.
login as root and use lpadm -d to set up system wide default printer.
2. Default printer for individual users:
modify the initial script .profile or .kshrc...
export LPDEST=default printer

It looks like only root has default printer setup.  Yu can setup a system
wide default printer for all users.

Hope this help.

Gang