[Sunhelp] T shell

Tribick Jay Jay.Tribick at Carrier1.com
Tue Jul 27 09:34:35 CDT 1999

Hi,

 Does anybody know T shell? What si it and where can I get it?
> Solaris 2.x consists of Bourne, Korn and C shell. But some
> users here are using T shell. Is it compatable with Korn or C shell?

This what you're looking for?

<Quote: `man tcsh`>

       tcsh is an enhanced but completely compatible  version  of
       the  Berkeley  UNIX C shell, csh(1).  It is a command lan-
       guage interpreter usable  both  as  an  interactive  login
       shell and a shell script command processor.  It includes a
       command-line editor (see The  command-line  editor),  pro-
       grammable  word  completion  (see Completion and listing),
       spelling correction (see Spelling correction),  a  history
       mechanism  (see  History  substitution),  job control (see
       Jobs) and a  C-like  syntax.   The  NEW  FEATURES  section
       describes   major   enhancements   of  tcsh  over  csh(1).
       Throughout this manual, features of tcsh not found in most
       csh(1)  implementations (specifically, the 4.4BSD csh) are
       labeled with `(+)', and  features  which  are  present  in
       csh(1)  but not usually documented are labeled with `(u)'.

--
Regards,

Jay Tribick
Carrier1 IP Operations