[Sunhelp] ? the bunddled SDS vs. the server edition of

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Tue Jul 27 09:21:53 CDT 1999

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 05:20:08AM -0700, Tubbs, Derric L wrote:
> You _do_ have to buy an extra piece of software to control the jukeboxes
> with SB (aka Networker).  Be forewarned though, SB can be an absolute
> nightmare.  We've had nothing but trouble with it on our E3500 and 7 tape
> DLT 4700.  It couldn't accurately control this jukebox to save its life!
> And that is with all the latest patches and versions from Sun.  We're on our
> way to getting Netbackup.

Tip: Dont use Solstice BAckup - pay the SAME amount of money to Legato, and
get the latest version of Networker instead.  SB is just Legato Networker,
relabeled, and about one full version *behind*.  I had no problem running a
DLT 4700 with an Ultra 1 about a year ago, with the latest version of Networker.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill at sunhelp.org * http://www.sunhelp.org
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."