[Sunhelp] Disk quota by group.

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Thu Jul 22 08:06:17 CDT 1999

Leon,
Thanks for the suggestion.  The problem we are having is that we do not
want a user quota at all.  We are a Graphic Arts company.  As a result
there are several large graphic files that will be worked on by several
people.  If one user is working on a large page of graphics we can't
have a quota for this user stopping them from working.  The only way we
can do this right now is to have each department log on with only 1 user
ID (up to 40 people using the same Logon ID is not quite my idea of
secure) and set the user quota that way.
I want to give everyone their own ID for obvious security reasons but
can't figure out the quota's.
John