[Sunhelp] SPARC Center 2000 Power

David Watson david.watson at info-com.com
Mon Jul 19 10:41:48 CDT 1999

Hi there,

I`ve just "inherited" an old (1993) SPARC Center 2000 with external Mass
Storage cabinet in the UK. The only slight technical hitch is that it
doens`t have a standard UK 240V mains power supply, instead it requires a
power supply that is 200-240VAC, 1200 watt auto-ranging using a NEMA L6-30R
receptacle.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheap UK mains to NEMA convertor, or
if indeed such a thing is possible. I found a few APCC UPS systems that
have the required sockets, but they are $8000 new via the US!
;-)

Thanks,

David

PS - If anyone knows somewhere that sells cheap SC2000 CPUs, i`d be
grateful too!
--
David Watson			Voice: 	UK 01904 438000
Technical Manager		Fax:	UK 01904 435199