[Sunhelp] Jumpstart

Leon Halford - Open Systems Solutions Ltd Leon.Halford at opensolutions.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 06:50:57 CDT 1999

> Firstly, how do I automate the inital section which asks for Language,
> Locale & Time confirmation. I want it to trust the values given for time to
> be default, and I am neither interested in the Language of the setup
> program nor the Locale (which is set later by the class file anyway).

Try creating a "timehost" entry in the NIS hosts database.

> Secondly, how do I stop it asking the S80power question at the end of the
> installation. I managed the root password one by stealing the set_root_pw
> script which Sun provide, but I cannot see a way by which I can alter this
> to deal with the power question.

The easiest answer is don't install power management - you certainly don't want
it for a server. Deselect packages SUNWpmowm,SUNWpmowr,SUNWpmowu,SUNWpmr,SUNWpmu
for the generic client in the jumpstart rules.

> Also, as an addendum, does anybody have a way of adding custom packages. At
> the moment, I'm having to NFS mount and copy over the packages from the
> master server, then unmount, reboot and pkgadd so that they all go in the
> same place. This is highly hacky and a bit grim. Is there a method built
> into jumpstart to enable this?

You need to update .order, .packagetoc in the Solaris installation directory to
reflect your custom packages, make the custom packages available to the client
during install (copy to Solaris install dir or mount a new filesystem on /a or
equiv), then specify your custom packages in the jumpstart rules for that
client.

Leon Halford

OPEN SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS LTD
60 Lombard Street, London, England, EC3V 9EA
Phone: 0171 464 8453       Fax: 0171 464 8656
Email: Leon.Halford at opensolutions.co.uk