[Sunhelp] RSH problems in our SOLARIS 2.6 production box!Urgent

Koushik Chaudhuri koushik.chaudhuri at ryobi.com
Thu Jul 15 13:28:28 CDT 1999

We have a couple of Solaris 2.6 entreprise servers at our site and have
recently run into problems. All servers- entreprise 4000 same setup
-hardware and Solaris version 2.6 - sam patch levels atal. Out of 6 such
boxes we can rsh to all boxes except the main production box. It says
"permission denied". If we login as root from the console to the box and
type "rsh date" it also says permission denied. That is it can't even rsh to
itself. At out site we only use use .rhosts file and no other like
hosts.equiv. We have compared the configuartion files like
inetd.conf,/etc/services, et al and they are all the same across all the
boxes.

Its am emgergency since we use rsh to for automatic diskspace
monitoring,process monitoring and send page to the sysadm/dba's to notify
the alert conditions.

Please!!! Any clues.!!

koushik chaudhuri
Unix Administrator