[Sunhelp] (no subject)

Eric Williams eric at urania.astro.wesleyan.edu
Sun Jul 11 19:28:24 CDT 1999

Can someone help me here?

I have Solaris 2.5.1 on an Ultra 30.
It doesn't seem to be automounting a floppy disk when one is inserted in
the drive. It will automount cdroms. A volcheck -v shows that media was
found when there are no CD-ROMS or floppies installed.
I have stopped and restarted the volume manager and this time the fdformat
command found the floppy under /vol/dev/aliases/floppy0. I couldn't
successfully format the disk, returning an I/O error, and the volume
manager didn't mount it under /floppy/floppy0!? Ugh!!!

How can I clean this up?

Thanks
Eric Williams
eric at astro.wesleyan.edu