[Sunhelp] Expect problem

trebor sreyb tsreyb at my-deja.com
Sat Jul 10 10:42:33 CDT 1999

Anybody know Expect?

My Expect script has a loop. During each iteration
of the loop I spawn an ftp connection to another
host, do a few "expect" and "send" commands, quit
the ftp session, and then make an explicit call
to "wait"

EVEN THOUGH I MAKE THE EXPLICIT CALL TO "wait",
I always get the following Expect error around
the 40th iteration of the loop:

spawn ftp 200.100.1.2
The system only has a finite number of ptys
and you have many of them in use.  The usual
reason for this is that you forgot (or didn't
know) to call "wait" after closing each of them.
    while executing
"spawn ftp $ipaddr"
    (file "./new.ex" line 65)

Any ideas? Thanks,