[Sunhelp] Newbie Tips

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Fri Jul 9 19:45:41 CDT 1999

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Michael C. Vergallen wrote:

> Sun memory modules for the ss1+, and ss2 have to be of 80ns and have 9
> chips on them.

Incorrect.  Sun shipped 3-chip 70ns 4MB SIMMs barcoded as p/n "501-1739"
between 1993 and 1995 (they also shipped 9-chip SIMMs during the same
timeframe as their suppliers changed).  I received 128 of these (I believe
they were Samsung) in 1994 when upgrading a fleet of IPC's and SS2's.

I'll be happy to scan one in if anyone wants to see it.

-James