[Sunhelp] CD-ROM Question...

Dan Jameyson jameyson at iwosys.net
Thu Dec 30 01:14:50 CST 1999

I burn all of my cds with cdrecord on OSes that resemble some sort of
unix. Consequently, I have never had a problem using any cd with Windows
or Unix. With all the of the networking options for sharing files from
other systems, it's really a lot more flexible to use unix, as you can
burn cds for use with both RockRidge and Joliet from nfs/samba/whatever
mountpoints. The easy solution, as is the case for most issues, is not
to use NT for something that can be accomplished better by an x86
running FBSD, linux, or Solaris.

And, btw, I don't think it gets any easier than Xcdroast. ;)

Dan