[Sunhelp] SUNSCAN

morgan .g morgang at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 17:03:38 CST 1999

Hi,

I see that you are using SUNSCAN 2.4.

I'll say have some faith in it as SUN issues Y2K certificates according to
these SUNSCAN outputs. Not all patches are required as some of the packages
are not used often(unless you are running a time critical production system)

>From what I see, you'll need the "date" patch, "CDE" patch if you are using
it. As for the SPARCompiler patch, it's not critical unless you are using
Pascal or Fortran anywhere in the system. Anyway, these patches are safe and
I have tested them on about 30 odd production systems.

As for Java, if you are using it, then get the latest copy...but it's a pain
to download these kits as they are around 15~16MB + there are patches for
them which are around 8MB.

Morgan.