[Sunhelp] [offtopic] sendmail help

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Dec 21 17:33:09 CST 1999

If you take a look at sendmail.cf (at least that the name on my system,
they're using a different name elsewhere), you can use something like this:
R<?> $- < @ $* >                $: <?> $(dequote $1 $) < @ $2 > dequote
local part

I'm running 8.9.x, which has relaying denied by default.  Sendmail being the
simple program that it is to configure, you might be better off looking at
the example on the sendmail.org page, which has an example of how to strip
quotes.
http://www.sendmail.org/antispam.html

The first example shows stripping quotes from addresses.  I could be totally
off my rocker today, so take care.  Good luck,
	Greg

http://www.mrbill.net|

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org