[Sunhelp] Pine compiled for Solaris

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Dec 21 05:57:20 CST 1999

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 01:56:42PM -0800, Paul Khoury wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:07:12 +0600 (GMT), Alberto Rivas wrote:
> >Paul, take a look at:
> >http://www.sunfreeware.com/
> >Hope to be of help
> Alberto, thanks, but I checked that one out, and it didn't work either.
> I like the feel of Pine, but when I send, it sends as root at loop.com or
> root at earthlink.net
> And I added the from: line in customized headers in Setup.
> Paul

Paul, I hate to do this, but:

*PLONK* *FWAP*

DO NOT DO NORMAL USER STUFF LIKE EMAIL AS ROOT.  You should ONLY be logged
in as the root user while doing normal system maintenance tasks; everything
else should be from a normal user account ("paul", etc).

Otherwise, you're just begging to have your system broken into.

Bill

--
|Bill Bradford          | mrbill at pdp11.org     | mrbill at mrbill.net    |