[Sunhelp] Quick SCSI question

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Dec 21 01:40:39 CST 1999

Tonight, I'm feeling that James B. is right, SCSI isn't your friend...  :(
I've either got a termination problem, or a bad drive.  In an attempt to
rule out termination, is there an easy way (or any way at all) to determine
if an adapter terminates the high bits of the SCSI bus?  I've got a Digital
Multi-meter handy, but I don't know how to check out termination.
Alternatively, is there a way to test if an adapter terminates by hooking it
to a SCSI bus and drives?  I've used this one with an older SCSI CD-ROM, but
it fails with a newer CD-ROM (scsi timeouts).  Thanks, and sorry for being
offtopic, but this is the best place for this kind of help.
	Greg