[Sunhelp] Mount Solaris 7 drive under linux?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Dec 15 22:57:49 CST 1999

Does anybody know if I'll be able to do this?  The support is there in
the kernel, but when I run fdisk /dev/sdb I get an error like:

Detected sun disklabel with wrong checksum.
Probably you'll have to set all the values,
e.g. heads, sectors, cylinders and partitions
or force a fresh label (s command in main menu)

Does that mean that I can't read the disk from here, without knowing the
exact sizes of the "slices"?  This is merely academic, I just wanted to
see if I could read these drives from linux.
	Greg