[Sunhelp] Booting oddities

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Wed Dec 15 10:10:14 CST 1999

Hey,
I just got an SS10, and something weird is happening.  When the machine
is cold and I turn it on, the keyboard lights flash, but the power
doesn't come on, and nothing happens.  Then I can turn it off, and turn
it back on right away and it works fine.  The very first time I turned
it on it did this, then I turned it back on, and it locked up when it
said booting from blah blah blah, I turned it off and on and it worked
fine.  Is this a symptom of my nvram or prom going bad?  If so, when it
decides to go bye-bye, how much is this going to cost me?

Jeff