[Sunhelp] Re: SunHELP digest, Vol 1 #222 - 15 msgs

Thomas Cameron tcameron at three-sixteen.com
Tue Dec 14 17:57:54 CST 1999

Heya Jeff -

I can't tell you how glad I am that I am not the only person to make this
mistake - the file for the DNS servers is /etc/resolv.conf, NOT
/etc/resolve.conf.  Note the lack of an "e."

In my earlier UNIX days I had an internal UNIX helpdesk guy on the phone
completely stumped for over an hour until the light bulb went off and he
asked how I spelled it.

Hope this helps...

Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCP, MCT
Three-Sixteen Technical Services, Inc.