[Sunhelp] Mhz rating for chip?

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Fri Dec 10 12:54:19 CST 1999

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 10:43:24AM -0800, Jeffrey Napolitano <genius at worldsmith.com> wrote:

> I'm inventorying some Sparc's for my company, and I'm trying to figure out
> exactly what speed the processors run at?  I know the processor name - it
> comes up on boot - but the Mhz rating?

/usr/sbin/psrinfo -v

or

dmesg | grep cpu

(assuming they're running Solaris, anyways - dunno about SunOS 4.x)

> Also - These are Sparc 10's, 2's, and 5's...anyone know the order these
> machines came out in?  (i.e. Sparc 5's are newer than Sparc 2's...?)  Does
> Sun have any reference page for their old machines?

The Sparc 2 is definately older than the 10 or 5, but to be honest I'm not
sure what order of the 4/5/10/20 models was.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/
Core Competency