[Sunhelp] FW: Solaris 8 Early Access Program!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Dec 9 06:50:16 CST 1999

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 04:48:16AM -0500, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:
> > Announcing the Solaris[tm] 8 Operating Environment Early
> > Access Program.
> > For the first time, Sun is offering customers like you the
> > opportunity to have early access to the features and
> > benefits of the new Solaris 8 Operating Environment.

I announced this on SunHelp about a month or so ago, and I've even got my
initial reviews/thoughts (I'm running it now) up on the web site.  So far,
it seems a LOT nicer - not that many changes, but on a sun4u system it seems
about 25% faster than Solaris7, and StarOffice DEFINITELY runs a LOT faster.

Sun is rumored to be including gnu gcc/top/emacs/ssh and a bunch of other
freeware tools on a bundled CD with the retail release.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford   *   mrbill at mrbill.net    /   http://www.mrbill.net
                    mrbill at sunhelp.org   /   http://www.sunhelp.org