[Sunhelp] sun os error

mahesh adulla mahesh_adulla at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 01:47:21 CST 1999

Dear Friends,

Recently we have upgraded our SUN SPARC SYSTEMSS1000 from
SUN OS 2.3 to SUN OS 2.6 to make it Y2k compliant.

Previous my system was running:
SUN OS 2.3 with Oracle 7.1 its was also loaded with x.25 drivers and
HSI drivers.

Now we have just upgraded the Operating System from
SUN OS 2.3 to SUN OS 2.6.

this error is repeating frequently with different REQUESTED BLOCK
     NUMBERS.

Please advise me as to how to troubleshoot this WARNING message
and why this ERROR is occuring.

My system is giving the following error: WARNING MESSAGE:

WARNING: /io unit @f, e1200000/sbi at 0 dma at 0, 81000/esp at 0 80000/sd at 3, 0 (
sd33):

Error for command: write
Error level: retryable
*** Requested block:1695344     ***
Error block:1695344
vendor: SEAGATE
serial number:00506176
sense key: Aborted command

ASC:0x47 ( SCSI parity error) ASC0, 0x0 FRU 0x3

***  this error is repeating frequently with different REQUESTED BLOCK
     NUMBERS.

Please advise me as to how to troubleshoot this WARNING message
and why this ERROR is occuring.

with REGARDS,
mahesh