[Sunhelp] How do you stop look for domain on boot?

Jeffrey Napolitano genius at ellipsis.dreamhost.com
Wed Dec 8 17:42:31 CST 1999

Lo,

I have a Sparc 20 here, and on boot, my system hangs (when disconnected
from the network) on two things:

1.) I get a loop of "interface le0 down or no link to hub" (or something
of
the sort - because it isn't connected to anything.  However - to get rid
of this error, I plugged in a hub and just ran a cable from the machine to
the hub.  This satisfied the eth interface error)

2.) I get a "Cannot log onto NIS domain blah.com" - This machine was
connected in the past to a network, and in the init files tries to find
the NIS master.  Now that it isn't connected to a network, it complains it
can't find the NIS master and will not continue booting past this error
message.

I set the device to boot from to "disk" (not net), but I still get this
problem.  Stop-A brings me to an ok prompt, but I can't figure out how to
bypass the search for the NIS master and get the machine to keep booting.

Thanks for any help offered.

Jeff Napolitano