[Sunhelp] ftpaccess question

Jean-Marc Beaudoin jmb at merlin.vipxlnet.com
Mon Dec 6 19:36:22 CST 1999

Good day,

I have setup a few ftp accounts on my server;

ie:	create users in different groups
	create their root directory and apply proper security
	modify .bash_profile to make sure they exit immediately
	   after trying to log in with telnet *
	modify .bash_profile protection so the users cannot
	   modify it

But, their is a big security breach which allow them to browse the
entire system (/, /etc, ....) and read what's in them.

How can I forbid that and force them to stay within their home directory?

I believe this is achieved with the /etc/ftpaccess file.

* Is there a better way to avoir telnet access from those users?

Regards,

Jean-Marc Beaudoin
jmbeaudoin at vipnet.qc.ca

 (-: Message  100% Unix :-)