[Sunhelp] Problem compiling xscreensaver

Luke Holton lholton at desertsky.com
Sun Dec 5 15:32:37 CST 1999

I'm very  new to Solaris so hopefully this is an easy question for
someone on the list. I'm trying to compile xscreensaver for my box running
Solaris 7. I get the compilation error shown below. Can anyone give me
ideas of what the problem is and how I can fix it?

gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wno-format -Wp,-lang-c89
-L/usr/local/lib -o rotor rotor.o      screenhack-xlock.o xlockmore.o
../utils/hsv.o ../utils/colors.o ../utils/resources.o ../utils/visual.o
../utils/usleep.o ../utils/yarandom.o   -L/usr/openwin/lib
-R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/dt/lib -R:/usr/dt/lib -lgen            -lXmu
-lSM -lICE -lXt -lX11 -lXext -lsocket  -lnsl -lm
gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10
make[1]: *** [rotor] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/lholton/download/xscreensaver-3.21/hacks'
make: *** [default] Error 5

Regards,

Luke Holton

Tel: (602) 279-4600
Fax: (602) 279-4768
Desert Sky Software: www.desertsky.com
    Specializing in the Development and Hosting of
    Full Featured Web Applications.