[Sunhelp] GMT to MET..

Srikanta Nayak srikanta.nayak at cablecom.ch
Wed Dec 1 05:17:59 CST 1999

Note:  The server was installed  as TZ=GMT-1 , sol.2.6 on UE-450. But  from
the date  daylight saving started, timing of all desktop PCs automatically
changed.  So I thought just after changing TZ from GMT-1  to MET it will
automatically fix the time to the local time...So I changed TZ=GMT to MET  &
rebooted server.

Now time zone has fixed to MET, but the time has n't set to the local time.

So my doubt : Whether I have to change the time manually to synchronise with
the other servers & local time ? If yes,

This daylight  saving will continue till  April2000 in all europien
countries. Then by that time  I have to change it manually?

Is n't there any procedures of changing automatically in Solaris ?

Thanks & regards.
--
Mr.Srikanta  Kumar
mailto:srikanta.nayak at cablecom.ch