[Sunhelp] X widgets, ghostview compiles, Xaw3d compiles.. ught.

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Mon Aug 30 08:25:50 CDT 1999

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 09:08:37AM -0400, Gilles Melanson <gilles at vianet.on.ca> wrote:
> libXaw is apparently only one of many that I don't have (well, I have
> older versions .. the ones that *ship* with Sol2.6) .. and 2.7 apparently.

I don't have that version on Solaris 2.6 or 7.

> What is 6.1/6.3 part of.. X11R6.4?

Looks that way - I have that version of libXaw in a recent XFree86 install
on a FreeBSD box.  It would appear that the sunsite people have for some
reason built their copy of ghostscript against X11R6.4, which is not what
ships with current versions of Solaris.  Seems rather silly to me.

I'd recommend you uninstall the sunsite package and grab the ghostscript
package off sunfreeware.com.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/