[Sunhelp] X widgets, ghostview compiles, Xaw3d compiles.. ught.

Gilles Melanson gilles at vianet.on.ca
Sat Aug 28 16:02:44 CDT 1999

> > Problem: I can't compile Xaw3d.  Actually, I can't compile Ghostview (or
> > run it), but mainly because I can't compile Xaw3d.
>
> > # ghostview
> > ld.so.1: ghostview: fatal: libXaw.so.6.1: open failed: No such file or
> > directory
> > Killed
> >
> > .. if I could compile it, great.  If not, well..
>
> Looks like you did get it to compile, right?
> Type "ldd ghostview".  That will show you which dynamic libs it is
> linked to.

I cheated a little bit;  I installed a package from metalab (sunsite) with
the binary.. I couldn't get it to compile w/o the library.. several
libraries, in fact. *laf*

> > I believe I need R6.1 of Xaw3d (whichever version).. but in all honesty,
> > this is really my first crack at compiling any X11 based code on a Solaris
> > 2.x box.. so I really don't know what Openwin/CDE conforms to, if
> > anything.
>
> You should be able to use Xaw instead of Xaw3d.  I think your problem is
> elsewhere.  More details would help.

Where the hell do you get it? :)
I looked for it, couldn't find it.

--
Gilles Melanson				UNIX System Administrator
gilles at vianet.on.ca			Laurentian University