[Sunhelp] Network Problem

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Thu Aug 26 16:25:31 CDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 02:28:25PM -0500, dhansen at zebra.net wrote:
> >I got two new SUN SPARC ULTRA 5. I hadn't work on sparc system.
>
> 3: ifconfig hme0 192.152.1.1 up  (of course, replace 192.152.1.1 with a valid
>                                    ip address)

192.152.1.0 is a valid IP network on the Internet, owned by Public Service
Company of New Mexico, though it doesn't appear to have active routing.  If
you're wanting to use RFC1918 private addresses you likely meant 192.168.1.1.

> p.s.- No rebooting should be necessary. If this fails I would open the machine
>         and make certain that the NIC wasn't jarred loose during transport.

Isn't the NIC in an Ultra5 on the motherboard?

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/
Core Competency