[Sunhelp] System error message 22 (File size More then 2GB)

Sampath K Kari sampath_k_kari at fanniemae.com
Sun Aug 22 13:57:26 CDT 1999

Hi Aamir,

Solaris 2.5.1 has this 2GB maximum file limitation which is resolved with 2.6
where filesystems are mounted wiith largefile option.

In ur case, with 2.5.1 u can go for a work around to  take the oracle export
backup in the below manner.

Assuming  the output export dump file name is export.full.test.Z   and  named
pipe creation directory as /var, and export file creation in /export/oracle
directory below.

1) Create a named pipe, say, test1 and give the appropriate
ownership/permissions needed for oracle to write to this file.
        mknod  /var/test1 p

2) modify the export backup script of oracle like below:

       a) Before the exp command, insert the command:    compress </var/test1
>/export/oracle/export.full.test.Z &
        b) In the exp command use the output file as /var/test1

Note to import:

Use the script like below

uncompress </export/oracle/export.full.test.Z  >/var/test1 &
imp command with input file as /var/test1

Hope this helps. All the best.

Regards,
Sampath
From: "Aamir Ilyas" <amirpew at hotmail.com>