[Sunhelp] "Mirroring" two directories over the net. Info please.

Wolfgang Engelien wolfgang at hanazono.med.cornell.edu
Tue Aug 3 16:50:14 CDT 1999

Why not using NFS for the user interaction and
rsync for backups if the NFS server goes down.
A short script to switch from the NFS disks to
the local (rsync maintained) disks if one server
goes down should be good enough. If your network
is getting to slow add some quadethernet boards
for direct server-server connections.

Wolfgang