[Sunhelp] solaris net-install help

Adrian Petrescu a_petrescu at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:48:45 CDT 1999

In order to use "boot net -install", you have to create an Solaris Install
Server.

You can do this by installing Solaris 7 on either a SPARC or PC, using the
adequate distribution (SPARC/x86). As far as I remember, you can use any of
these platform to create Install Servers for both SPARC and x86 platforms.

Then you must follow the steps required to setup an Install Server, as
described in your Solaris documentation (search http://docs.sun.com, if you
don't have it)

I don't remember any other way to install Solaris on a SPARC. Maybe you can
borrow an external SCSI CD-ROM. Also you can buy a SCSI CD-ROM for less than
80 $, and this will save you a lot of pain and time.

Regards,
Adrian