[SPARCbook] Sparcbook ADTX coverter fails to probe

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sun Nov 17 22:55:05 CST 2013

On 11/17/2013 10:46 PM, chase rayfield wrote:
ng
I'm going to be doing something similar with my DEC Vaxstation 4000-60
using an ACARD adapter and a CF->IDE adapter.

I've used these CF adapters in several things now including an old Pismo
Powerbook and I've found them extremely hit or miss.  Mostly I've found
that bizarrely the larger the circuit board the better they work.

One piece of advice I can give you is check the voltage of the CF card
and match the jumpers on the adapter accordingly.  Most newer cards are
3.3V but some out there are 5v and they do not match. Also pre-format
the card in something else.  It doesn't matter what as long as the card
has been formatted at least once.

Currently have CF adapters in:

Cobalt Qube2
Powerbook Pismo
Lenovo ThinkCentre SFF (Reload of Debian 7.1 in process.)
DEC Vaxstation 4000-60 (untested as of yet)

--
What?  Me worry?