[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3 - Nomadic Computing Environment for Solaris 2.6?

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 16:39:30 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, apart from trashing my Solaris 2.3 installation on the SPARCbook
3, I was wondering whether anyone knows if Nomadic Computing Environment
(NCE) was ever released for Solaris 2.5/2.6? I backed up the /usr
partition from the Solaris 2.3 installation, but don't have enough to
recreate the disk. Not that what was there was much use (apart from
having NCE) as there is no gcc available anywhere, and no binary
freeware. Historically correct it was, useful - not really.

The patches available on the tadpole ftp server appear to patch the OS
to include devices but not the NCE itself.

Peace.

Mark.