[SPARCbook] Just got an RDI PowerLite 50, need some parts and advice...

Eric Rucker bhtooefr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:14:38 CST 2010

16 MiB RAM, dual 524 MB hard drives, 640x480 screen.

I have the parts to make a power adapter, and have connected it to an
old AT power supply to get +12VDC successfully.

However, the LCD cable is missing from the machine, and the screen may
be broken. (The display area has horizontal black lines spaced about a
pixel apart all the way down, I think.)

Does anyone have an LCD cable, or better yet, a 1024x768 screen and
all the parts necessary to convert to that?

Also, what's the going rate for RAM upgrade boards?

What's the newest version of Solaris that's recommended? Currently,
the machine is running 2.3, and I see Tadpole's site has drivers for
2.5.1. Does 2.6 include the power management drivers and such for the
PowerLite?

Alternately, how painful would Solaris 7 or 8 be?