[SPARCbook] Protip for repairing these things (applies to anything that uses locking FFC connectors)

Eric Rucker bhtooefr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:53:07 CST 2010

Don't assume that the cables are in the right place, even when you
haven't touched them. Check. Otherwise, your LCD cable might have
slipped out of the connector, causing a short, causing rather
impressive amounts of magic smoke to come pouring out from the hinge,
and chunks of plastic to have disappeared from some chips on the LCD
driver board.

Yeah, that wasn't fun. At least I had a spare, and my PowerLite is
back up and running (with a new NVRAM, even...)