[SPARCbook] Voyager IIi OS Question

Liam Liam1f at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 11:13:16 CST 2010

Hi All,

Some familiar names cropping up from a long time ago!

My pennysworth is that I have had Solaris 9 running on a VoyagerIIi, but the
graphics didn't work.

My original one is in sight of my keyboard every day, but to hook everything
up is so much hassle...... I never did get the PCMCIA sound card working,
either. I have never used the PS/2 ports. After my first experience with a
Sun Ultra 5 without a mouse (the installation prog says you can....), I just
bypassed the angst and confusion by using Sun stuff.

To my shame, I still have a brand new machine, unboxed to have a look at,
complete with Solaris 7 disks, sitting in a drawer. I'm sure it's never even
been plugged in. I have also never fired up in anger my pair of S3000's. If
anyone has a caddy for these, (i.e. the other gender, for an IDE drive), I'd
be interested.

Good luck to all.

Cheers, Liam