[SPARCbook] SparcBook S1

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 23:34:14 CDT 2010

Hi
 I an a collector. I just recently got a Sparcbook S1. It is working, once
I removed and cleaned up after the battery.
 I've been having fun looking through things. It doesn't seem to be used too
much.
 I am curious about one thing. In order to connect to a CDROM drive, it
requires
a parallel port to SCSI adapter. The manual doesn't say too much about it
other than to contact your Sparcbook distributor.
 Not much use for a S1. I was wondering if anyone knows what adapter they
used. I know the Trantor T348 came out about then. I can still get my
hands on a APA348 that seems to be the same as the original T348.
 The one I have has no removable media. It has two hard drives.
 Also interested if anyone else on this list has a S1.
Thanks
Dwight