[SPARCbook] SparcLE Question

Gary Borgen Old gary.borgen at verizon.net
Sat Jan 3 12:22:01 CST 2009

Anyone out there have any experiance with the memory used in the SparcLE?
Mine came with one 512MB stick and I would like to expand it to 1GB (or
maybe 2GB).

>From what I've found, the factory memory is ECC, non-registered, PC133,
SO-DIMM (144 pin).  Tough to find.

The orginal manufacturer of the single memory chip I have, ATP Electronics,
says the have some in stock, but haven't gotten back to me on costs (due to
the holidays).

In the mean time, I tried a non-ECC stick of memory and found that the
SparcLE OBP recognized the memory.  I am reluctant to try it with an actual
operating system, due to possible parity/ECC errors that may crop up.

So the questions are:  Can I use non-ECC memory without issues?  Can I use
registered, ECC memory, vs non-registered?