[SPARCbook] Sparcbook experiences from new list member

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Feb 4 10:09:22 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:51:32PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> I'm sure it is, and I wouldn't expect the likes of Toshiba, Dell and
> so on to still sell parts for 10 years old laptops. But almost a grand
> for an outdated disk in a simple plastic sled with a passive adaptor
> board? That's beyond ridiculous.

Had a similar discussion on (I think it was) the Rescue list.  Those prices
aren't for the hobbyist market - they're for the government support
contracts.

Fortunately, a lot of vendors / resellers will have different prices for
the "Hobbyist" customers and the "corporate replacement parts" customers.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas