[SPARCbook] repair laptop hd connector ?

gary.borgen at verizon.net gary.borgen at verizon.net
Sun Sep 9 09:51:21 CDT 2007

Repairing flex is near impossible.  I have tried to bridge breaks with fine wires, other portions flex, and even conductive epoxy.

The fixes usually work, for a bit, then fail because of the nature of the material... it flexes.

The only reliable repair method I have found is to replace the entire length of the broken connection, with a length of wire running connector to connector.
Assuming the tear is not to bad, it could be just a few connections.

Also be sure to stop the tear before it goes any further using kapton tape.