[SPARCbook] SparcLE and Solaris 10

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 14:50:10 CST 2007

Hi Alicia -

I need more information - how are you making a U20
into a U40 - mboard complete swap or nvram swapout and
obp reload and cpu chip change or what process??

It sounds like you are trying to use the same video
card from the u16/u20 and grafting it onto the u40
series mboard - yes or no?

second issue may be the lcd inverter - it may be bad
if you are just moving the display panel from the
u16/u20 to the u40 chassis.

Lastly, I believe that the obp for the u40 series does
not support the u16/u20 video card.  I'm not a
Itronix/Tadpole engineer - so I'm not 100% on this
one.

regards
steve