[SPARCbook] Wanted ADTX adapter

Michael macallan18 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 07:07:55 CDT 2005

Hello,

> I'm looking for a adtx 2.5" hd adapter to upgrade my 3gx If anyone has
> a spare??
> Would consider hard disk as well.
> Does anyone know the maximum size hard disk that can be used with
> these?

IIRC the maximum disk size with these things is 8GB. It certainly worked
for me with a 6GB Toshiba but others with bigger disks reported
problems.

> Also looking for a copy of tadpole solaris 7.

Ebay or Tadpole. Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98 will be a lot easier / less
expensive to acquire though. 5/98 comes with full SPARCbook support,
other releases work but will need drivers from Tadpole to use power
management, graphics and so on.

You may want to consider Linux or NetBSD too, at least if you plan to
use any PCMCIA hardware that's not ATA ( like wireless networking ). I
finally got around to add full PCMCIA support, audio ( output only so
far but at least something ), CPU power saving and so on for NetBSD, an
accelerated driver for XFree86 is almost there too.

have fun
Michael

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of ]