[SPARCbook] Wanted ADTX adapter

Ian Spray ian_spray at tadpole.com
Thu Oct 27 06:21:51 CDT 2005

Gary Goddard wrote:
> Does anyone know the maximum size hard disk that can be used with these?
> Also looking for a copy of tadpole solaris 7.
>
> Can anyone help??

Hi Gary,

I can't help with the adaptor or the disc, but do be aware that OBP 2
has a 2GB (signed 32-bit) limit on the size of the root partition: if
the root is larger than this, or its starting point on the disc takes it
over 2GB from the beginning then you risk the OBP boot loader failing.

It is possible (if you are *very* careful) to make sure that the OBP
loader stays within this, but by far the simplest method is to make sure
that the root stays entirely within the first 2GB and you're safe.

The last I heard, Tadpole Solaris 7 is expensive when bought directly
from us as we still have to pay Sun the full licence fee for each one we
sell, even though it's not exactly the most current version of Solaris...

HTH,
--
Ian Spray             | Software Engineer      | Tadpole Computer Ltd.
ian_spray at tadpole.com | http://hw.tadpole.com/ | +44 (0)870 432 4161

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]